Guidance and Co-operative Education Department
Durham Centre for Success
The Centre for Success program is hosted on the Durham College Campus, located in Oshawa, through the School College Work Initiative (SCWI). The Ontario Ministry of Education has supported this program since it began in 2006 with only one school participating. Since then, it has grown to include the following district school boards (DSBs): Durham DSB; Durham Catholic DSB; Kawartha Pine Ridge DSB; and Peterborough Victoria Northumberland Clarington (P.V.N.C) Catholic DSB.
The program provides secondary school students the opportunity to complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (O.S.S.D) in a college setting.
Students have access to smaller class sizes and a more flexible schedule. Students attend Durham College for one semester, four days per week. They receive instruction from current P.V.N.C. secondary school teachers while at the Centre for Success. The program also provides the opportunity for students to earn at least one college credit toward their post-secondary education.
Students who benefit from this program include, but are not limited to:
- Students who are capable of attending college upon completion of program.
- Students who may be suffering from mental health issues, including anxiety and depression, that may have had a previous influence on punctuality and attendance.
- Students who may be entering their Grade 12 year with less than 22 credits, making it next to impossible to graduate with their peers. This program allows students to earn 6-8 credits in one semester.
- Students that would benefit from a non-traditional instructional setting.
All students receive a bus pass in order to travel to and from Durham College.
If this sounds like a program that you feel would benefit your child, please contact Holy Trinity’s Guidance Department.
Courses will be selected via myBlueprint
- Course Selection Instructions
- Click “School Account Log In” and enter your school login information to enter the site.
- Be sure to check Important Dates below to be sure you are not missing course selection deadlines.
Students and Parents! Please sign up for your REMIND message service to receive important information from the Guidance Department.
REMIND does not allow your number to be shared with the HT Guidance Department or anyone else.
To join, follow the instructions for one of the two methods below. SIGN UP NOW!!
For SMS text messages enter this number: 306-500-6045 and text the following message for the class that you are wanting to join:
- Grade 9 (Surnames A-L): @htcss23al Grade 9 (Surnames M-Z): @htcss23mz
- Grade 10 (Surnames A-L): @htcss22al Grade 10 (Surnames M-Z): @htcss22mz
- Grade 11 (Surnames A-L): @htcss21al Grade 11 (Surnames M-Z): @htcss21mz
- Grade 12 (Surnames A-L): @htcss20al Grade 12 (Surnames M-Z): @htcss20mz
In the browser of your phone or computer, type in the link to the class that you are wanting to join. Once there, follow the instructions. You will be prompted to download the mobile app.
- Grade 9 (Surnames A-L): rmd.at/htcss23al Grade 9 (Surnames M-Z): rmd.at/htcss23mz
- Grade 10 (Surnames A-L): rmd.at/htcss22al Grade 10 (Surnames M-Z): rmd.at/htcss22mz
- Grade 11 (Surnames A-L): rmd.at/htcss21al Grade 11 (Surnames M-Z): rmd.at/htcss21mz
- Grade 12 (Surnames A-L): rmd.at/htcss20al Grade 12 (Surnames M-Z): rmd.at/htcss20mz