- Students are expected to be in compliance with the uniform as outlined in the student handbook.
- Students who report to school out of uniform will be supported by being offered a loan of the missing uniform item(s).
- Parents may be contacted to bring in the missing uniform piece(s).
- Students may be required to work in the office with assignments sent down from the classroom teachers.
Reasons for Expected Behaviours:
- STUDENTS WHO ENROLL AT HOLY TRINITY DO SO WITH A FULL AWARENESS OF THE UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS. THEREFORE, BY CHOOSING THIS SCHOOL, YOU IMPLICITLY AGREE TO ABIDE BY YOUR INITIAL COMMITMENT.
- Staff and parents regard the uniform as a means of creating a distinct school identity. By not respecting the dress code, you undermine that goal.
- The uniform is intended to support a safe school environment.
- Staff members are expected to enforce the uniform so each student is responsible to all staff members to be in uniform.
Consequences of Misbehaviours:
- Students who arrive out of uniform will not be admitted to class.
- Repeated infractions will be dealt with through progressive discipline, including reminders, parent contact, detentions, etc.
- Students who are dressed inappropriately for non-uniform days will be asked to go home and change.
Note: The kilt will cease to be part of the school uniform effective September, 2019.
Black, white or grey socks are to be worn with the uniform pants, shorts or capri pants. Nylons and tights may not be worn with shorts.
- All shoes must accord with the tone of the uniform and be black.. They must be fully enclosed, appropriate, modest and clean. Boots, sandals, slippers and flip flops are not permitted.
- Only white, black or grey T-shirts are permitted under McCarthy’s uniform tops. Long sleeve shirts are not permitted under short sleeves.
- A generic white, grey or black t-shirt must be worn under the ¼ zip or full zip sweat top.
- ***Absolutely NO HEADWEAR (hats, headbands, hoods, bandannas, scarves etc.) is to be worn in the school at any time.***
- Pants, shorts and capris may not be rolled up.
Upon arrival at school, outerwear such as coats, jackets, non-uniform sweaters must be removed and placed in lockers. Students are expected to remain in uniform throughout the school day (including lunches and study periods). Students should arrive to school in proper uniform.
Dress Code for Non-Uniform Days
Non-uniform days at Holy Trinity are a privilege for our students. In keeping with the values of self-respect and respect for others, students must dress in an appropriate fashion.
On Non-Uniform Days, DO NOT WEAR:
- Clothes that display scenes or words of violence, sex, drugs, alcohol or with racist overtones
- Pants worn below the waist
- Bare midriffs
- Low cut blouses or shirts
- Extra thin spaghetti strapped blouses/dresses
- Muscle shirts
- Short shorts
- Jeans may have rips or frays, however, the expectations regarding school values on modesty remain. School administration reserves the right to determine appropriate dress.
Students are expected to wear the Holy Trinity school uniform properly and with pride at all school functions, unless otherwise instructed. The uniform is to be worn throughout the entire school day including lunch periods. Students are expected to be in uniform upon arrival at school.
The following articles of clothing are available for purchase from our supplier, RJ McCarthy (1-800-668-8261) www.mccarthyuniforms.ca:
R.J. McCarthy Uniforms
700 Finley Ave., Unit 14
Ajax, ON L1S 3Z2