Grade 9 Communications Technology (Open
Grade 10 Communications Technology (Open)
Grade 11 Communications Technology (Open)
Grade 12 Communications Technology (Mixed)
Grade 11 and Grade 12 Yearbook Class (Open)
- Hands On Learning
- learn about related trades as well as develop skills using video cameras and T3i-T5i cameras and different lense types
- operate current equipment safely and effectively to meet employer standards
- improve math and literacy (including computer literacy) skills without even knowing it!
- Community Based Projects
- seek & build community needs while learning trade related skills
- CNC Technology
- build projects by hand, by power tools, or by design with use of CNC Technology
- learn and use current tech related to the trades
- Career Opportunities
- huge demand for skilled trades-persons in Ontario
- explore what careers suit you best before you invest in post-secondary
Communications technology affects all aspects of our lives in a fundamental way. Having an understanding of communications technology is an important part of being both technologically and media literate. Communications technology courses are project-based and will provide students with opportunities to acquire the knowledge and skills required to design, use, and manage electronic, live, recorded, and graphic communications systems, specifically in the areas of TV, video, and movie production; radio and audio production; print and graphic communications; photography; digital imaging; broadcast journalism; and interactive new media and animation. These courses will help students understand the effects of communications technology on the environment and society. Students will also examine standards and regulations governing communications technology, health and safety issues, careers in the field, and the importance of lifelong learning, and will learn about the Essential Skills and work habits that are important for success in careers in the field. The list of approved emphasis areas for communications technology can be found at www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/secondary/teched.html.
Teacher: Lisa Beganyi
Students working in the classroom.
Night Photography workshop & Gr 9 Welcome Day!
Miss B volunteered in Central Mexico at an orphanage helping to teach students and Miss B with Emily Madore and Connor Richards (winners of a cultural contest)
Photograph taken by Brady Loenhart, grade 12 Comm Tech